To help you all stay healthy here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Stay home when sick; a temperature is considered a fever at 100.0 F.
- Remain at home until fever has been gone for at least 24 hours without the use of fever
- Seek immediate medical care if symptoms become more severe, e.g., high fever or difficulty breathing.
- Use “respiratory etiquette”; Cover cough or sneeze with a tissue or sleeve.
- Frequent handwashing is encouraged; wash with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Do not touch eyes, nose, or mouth -- germs are often spread this way.
- Do not share personal items such as food, drinks, pencils and pens.
- Make sure to get plenty of rest, stay hydrated and eat well.
(California Department of Public Health, 2020)
The HBUHSD is aware of students traveling to various schools for sporting events and field trips. We are taking precautions, and monitoring this daily through the Orange County Healthcare Agency. Our district is dedicated to keeping everyone healthy during this time period and will most assuredly notify students and their families of any changes that may occur.
Below are helpful links on both the Flu and COVID-19 (coronavirus):
CDC Key Facts about the Flu: https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/keyfacts.htm
CDC Preventive Steps for the Flu: https://www.cdc.gov/flu/prevent/prevention.htm
California Department of Public Health COVID-19 (coronavirus):
CDC COVID-19 (coronavirus) Facts: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/index.htm
Orange County Health Care Agency: COVID-19 (coronavirus) Frequently asked questions: