Student Name _____________________ I.D. Number _____________________ Class of _______________
Failure to adhere to the following condition(s) including referrals from teachers/staff will result in a conference to determine appropriate consequences, including transfer to a more appropriate alternative educational setting, or modification of this contract.
STUDENT – I agree to:
- Earn credits in every class, students who are habitually absent from class or non-productive may not earn the required credits for that class. It is the student’s responsibility to communicate with the teacher and submit assignments for an excused absence.
- Follow my teacher's classroom expectations in all classes.
- Attend school every day and be on time for all classes. Provide court documentation if I need to appear in court or meet with probation. If I have excessive absences for more than three days I will provide a doctor’s note upon return.
- Follow the rules and guidelines for Valley Vista High School and Huntington Beach Union High School District. Refer to the VvHS Student/Parent Handbook.
- Demonstrate positive and appropriate behavior in class, on campus, and at all school sponsored events. Seek a positive solution to any issues that interfere with my academic achievement and/or affect other students.
PARENT – I/We agree to:
- Know how many credits my child has completed and needs to complete for graduation.
- Contact the teachers, counselor or Principal via email or by telephone (leave message with office staff for a return call) to stay informed about my child’s academic progress.
- Provide a quiet environment at home for my child to complete homework.
- Participate in scheduled meetings with school personnel to review attendance, academic and behavior concerns. Attend the required follow-up meeting with the Principal upon my student’s return from suspension.
- Keep all emergency contact information current.
- Pick up my child or make arrangements with another adult listed on the emergency card when my child needs to leave campus during the school day as a result of a scheduled appointment or suspension, illness, cool down etc.
- Supervise my child’s clothing/accessories choices to ensure the dress code is followed. For a dress code violation, I may need to make arrangements for a change of clothes to be brought to VvHS.
Student Signature Date
Parent / Guardian Signature Date
Thank you for your cooperation,